Friday 10 March 2017

Day 8 - Tail block, neck block and starting the rosette


I cut the edges off the sides to fit the mold.


I used a try square to ensure that the cuts are 90 degrees to the top edge of the sides


I trimmed the edges with a disk sander.


I glued blocks of wood together that would become the neck and tail blocks.




I drew the shape of the tail block onto the glued wood.


I cut the shape on a band saw and then finished it on a disk sander.


I shaped the neck block on the disk sander to fit the tail of the guitar.



I made 2 copies of my rosette design - one for the dark wood and one for the light wood.

I used a scalpel to cut up my rosette design for the dark wood pieces.


I stuck the cut pieces to a flat piece of rosewood and started cutting them on the band saw.



No comments:

Post a Comment