Tuesday 28 March 2017

Day 12 - Cutting the rosette, joining the soundboard halves, and attaching the twiglet struts


I marked the sides of the guitar with chalk along the edges then sanded down the kerfing until the chalk was sanded off, leaving a smooth, even edge. I repeated this for top and bottom of the guitar.



 I drilled a hole in the middle of the plywood that the rosette is attached to.


I cut concentric circles in the rosette with a dremel.




I attached the sound board to a shooting board and planed the edge. I repeated this for both soundboard pieces.


I glued the two halves together in a press and used weights to help keep it all flat.


I measured the twiglet struts and cut them to length with a chisel.


I cut the edges of the twiglet struts at an angle.



I glued the twiglet struts to the inside of the guitar.




No comments:

Post a Comment