Thursday 30 March 2017

Day 13 - Fitting the rosette, cutting the soundboard, and measuring the braces


I traced the mold onto the soundboard and cut it out on the band saw, leaving a gap outside the line of about 10mm.


I cut notches in the top and tail of the soundboard to mark the edges.


I passed the soundboard through the thinning machine to clean it up




I marked where the sound hole will be, having taken measurements from the guitar plans.


I drilled the center hole. But I made a mistake and was slightly off-center.


I filled the hole with epoxy so I could re-drill it again.


I traced the inside of the kerfing onto the soundboard so that I could mark where the bracing would end


I drew the lattice bracing pattern onto the sound board.


I cut a trench in the soundboard for the rosette, using a circle cutting jig on the drill press.



I fitted the rosette into the trench, glued it, and clamped it.


I measured the lengths of the braces and marked them on the sound board.


No comments:

Post a Comment