Tuesday 18 July 2017

Day 26 - Gluing the fretboard and carving the neck

I sanded a bevel into the wood that will sit on top of the head so that it sits flush with the nut.


I drilled holes for toothpicks to hold the wood in place so it doesn't slip around while gluing.


I glued and clamped the fretboard and the wood covering the head.




I attached the neck and head templates with double-sided tape and I cut a piece of wood to fit where the nut will go - this is for the router to move across.


I cut the excess wood off the sides of the neck with the band saw.


I cut the outline of the neck with the table router.


I thinned and sanded the head.



I routed the holes in the head.



I removed excess wood from the neck on the belt sander.


I carved the neck with a spokeshave.



No comments:

Post a Comment