Thursday 16 February 2017

Day 3 - more work on the mold

I clamped the plywood mold template I made on day 1 to a sheet of plywood.
I cut a grove into the plywood sheet by tracing around the template with a handheld router.
I traced around the template with a pencil, flush with the template.
I cut out the inside of the traced line with a jigsaw, leaving a couple of millimetres to spare.
I chiselled off the inside part of the plywood next to the groove so that the groove ran right to the inside edge of the plywood.


I used a router with a template bit to smooth the inside edge. The bearing on the router bit ran along the inside edge of the groove.


I checked that the newly cut edge fit my original template.




I cut the outside edge of the plywood to roughly follow the inside shape and then sanded the outside edge.
I traced 5 copies with a pencil on a sheet of plywood.


I cut these copies using a jigsaw and a bandsaw.


I started work on chiselling the back braces.



No comments:

Post a Comment